769 replies to this topic

#301 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:17 PM

View PostDihm, on 07 March 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

When you collect over 9000 souls with a flamer on a single Chassis, you go into a new mode with the mech. It grows spikey yellow hair and you have a wavering aura.

Collect enough souls and you can get a skull mask. As a bonus your main weapon becomes larger.

#302 SMDMadCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

The SLDF will give you Crabs.

#303 Sarah Dalrymple

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSkye March, Hesperus II

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

If you are playing a Stiener, and decide to go for the Scout role, the only Mech you get to choose from is the Atlas.

Edited to add: That B5 ending gets me every time. *sniff*

Edited by Sarah Dalrymple, 07 March 2012 - 07:25 PM.

#304 Razed

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 83 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

Particularly talented players will be offered the chance to be spokepersons for in game products. Commercials featuring these players will run instead of standard load screens.

#305 CobaltRaptor

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSomewhere other than you expect

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:05 PM

One month into launch a new mode will be introduced. It features a lance of clan mechs fighting wave after wave of IS designs. There will be 50 waves. The first 200 people to successfully complete all of the waves will be awarded a shiny new timberwolf when it is released into general pvp.

#306 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

An exclusive module available for the Atlas will be an oversized pair of truck nutz. They will be functional as well as decorative, as they will allow you to perform a melee combat "finishing move" wherein you bodyslam your opponent to the ground and squat over your prostrate opponent to teabag them.

#307 DarkonFullPower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 191 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

View PostOmigir, on 07 February 2012 - 01:43 AM, said:

There will be pony skins that give you +%5 everything. And instead of a hud zoom, it replaces that with universal celerity. Then there will be in game shop items called. 'lenses' and the 'lenses' change your AC weapons fire into confetti, and your PPC and Laser fire into rainbows!

You underestimate the possibility of that ACTUALLY HAPPENING. Stop giving the devs ideas.

#308 GrimRATS

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

Rubber ducks that stun all enemy and friendly units currently in that body of water the duck was deployed, yourself included (So commanders got a clear shot for arty).

#309 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

Sens I'm at work and in the bathroom using my phone to post due to DOD are still being jerks and have yet to remove the MW:O forums from the black list, i thought i would go ahead and do some mobile media speculations.

first i would like to speculate that through your phones facebook or myspace app you can buy another app that will let you downland the MW:O app where in you can setup load-outs, look at maps and stats! this may or may not be provided by activison in a sort of apology for letting micro$oft have the MW Franchise and make MA 1 and 2. with these apps every one will know when you logged into your mobile device and not defending your planet. using the purchased plug in for your moble face book you will be provided the oportunity to ean gold c bills by playing mini-games, or by having your battlemech digitally strip on a pole in secondlife. you will also have a chance to earn gc bills by sharing your meaningless milestones with your facebook and or myspace friends in messages like: "So and so just blew up a genner and wants To share a salvaged lrm 10 with you! join or log in to accept and earn 0.225 GOLD C BILLS!" (Jenner will be spelled with a G because the IGN guys will be making the messages). The only way to repair your mech is to do a iphone facbook mini-game. you have to log out of the game to use mobile features. you will get txted all game updates when they happen at all hours of day and night to include npc troupe garrison changes, chow hall menu changes and when ever the latest hula girl skirts are released for the year. MWO is f2p so they cannot afford to send out all these texts, so the cost will be passed onto you, the player.

OK, now that that is done. anybody else notice the threads are all repeating each other?

Edited by Omigir, 13 March 2012 - 06:00 AM.

#310 El Loco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNew Haven, CT

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:08 AM

Aye... have noticed that and I think this is part of the MWO marketing strategy. The devs have created hundreds of zombie accounts only for the purpose of having the topics repeat every other day :)

In other news... Because of the amount of rainbow coloured 'Mechs to be expected with all the Pink Thunder and Pony and Furry hypes, the devs have decided to increase the camouflage for such paint schemes. Therefore, all the buildings will be colourful, trees will be pink, water purple, and so on. The emission from JJs will be rainbow coloured, the colour for the lasers and PPC will be coloured at random. All this will please the users from PCGamer.com, who had complained about MWO not being colourful enough, hence increasing the player number by a factor of 10. As a direct result of this, rage quitting, flaming, and name calling in game will increase by a factor of 1000...

#311 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:03 AM

View PostEl Loco, on 12 March 2012 - 01:08 AM, said:

Aye... have noticed that and I think this is part of the MWO marketing strategy. The devs have created hundreds of zombie accounts only for the purpose of having the topics repeat every other day :D

In other news... Because of the amount of rainbow coloured 'Mechs to be expected with all the Pink Thunder and Pony and Furry hypes, the devs have decided to increase the camouflage for such paint schemes. Therefore, all the buildings will be colourful, trees will be pink, water purple, and so on. The emission from JJs will be rainbow coloured, the colour for the lasers and PPC will be coloured at random. All this will please the users from PCGamer.com, who had complained about MWO not being colourful enough, hence increasing the player number by a factor of 10. As a direct result of this, rage quitting, flaming, and name calling in game will increase by a factor of 1000...

In addition, it is confirmed that PGI is working with Dr. Suse's corps, Pixar and Disney to make all the maps more colorfull. At the same time, they will get kick backs from each company by letting them work in easter eggs for their movies into the maps

Example, all the trees will look like Dr. Suse trees and all the buildings will look like trash stacked by wallies.

#312 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:11 AM

Speculation Confirmation:

MW:O will allow corporate sponsorship!

Top-of-the-line Mechwarriors will be given opportunity to field corporate sponsors, offsetting the various ancillary costs of being an elite Mechwarrior. Mechs will be adorn with their respective sponsor logos and pilots will receive free stipends of the sponsors products.

High profile sponsors such as: Coke, Pepsi, Monster and Red Bull have committed to sponsorship with more to come!

#313 El Loco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNew Haven, CT

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:13 AM

By the way, the devs have secured the license for using the baby from the Teletubbies for the sun in game! At the start of a match, the baby will clap his hands and squeak... with a big smile.

#314 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:18 AM

to make the game friendly for all people, All mechs will be the same size, tonnage, and mount the same weapons. The only difference is you have to roam the map to find the weapons and use them.

So People can now stop whining about how the atlas is not better then that one thing and about everybody wanting to use lights and blah de blah de effing blah! Thank you whiners, you ruined it for every one.

#315 Vininator

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:39 AM

There will be an Atlas model with no guns. As offense, You will be able to pick up smaller mechs and ram your fist up their tailpipe. This will allow you to use them as a hand puppet.

This Atlas will also be equipped with the experimental NinjaDrive X10, which will allow for triple backflips, teleportation, and one-inch-punch fatalities.

#316 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:58 AM

I think I saw somewhere that there is going to be some crossover between MWO and MW Tactics? Something about being able to play Tactics on one of the cockpit's Panel Displays?

#317 MilitantMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:11 AM

A /dance command for each mech.

#318 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

View PostEl Loco, on 12 March 2012 - 01:08 AM, said:

In other news... Because of the amount of rainbow coloured 'Mechs to be expected with all the Pink Thunder and Pony and Furry hypes, the devs have decided to increase the camouflage for such paint schemes. Therefore, all the buildings will be colourful, trees will be pink, water purple, and so on. The emission from JJs will be rainbow coloured, the colour for the lasers and PPC will be coloured at random. All this will please the users from PCGamer.com, who had complained about MWO not being colourful enough, hence increasing the player number by a factor of 10.

For about a week, by which point all those new users will have realized they are playing a skill-based vehicle combat sim, not a "social" game about trying to cyber with anthropomorphic mythological creatures. Then everyone will ragequit.

#319 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 13 March 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

For about a week, by which point all those new users will have realized they are playing a skill-based vehicle combat sim, not a "social" game about trying to cyber with anthropomorphic mythological creatures. Then everyone will ragequit.

This isnt furtopia the game? ***!

/QQ!

#320 Nik Van Rhijn

• 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:57 AM

The "to the edge of the map" range (with decreasing damage) for lasers has also been applied to AC's. Unfortunately while reducing damage appropriately they got a sign wrong (positive instead of negative) for "knock" Thus the AC2 while only doing 0.000001 points of damage at extreme range is now capable of blowing an Atlas (it's the only mech you can see at that range) 50 feet with one shot.

23 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users